- – Bi-monthly meal service at PATH Westside
- – Thanksgiving and Christmas Tikkun
Cook or serve meals
PATH Meals is IKAR’s longtime project to bring dinner and conversation to veterans who are overcoming homelessness at PATH’s West LA transitional home. We cook and serve dinner on the 3rd Thursday and 4th Monday of every month to about 30 residents. Those who serve the meal stay to talk and share companionship with the residents while they eat.
How: When you sign up to join our email list you will receive a monthly email reminder of the upcoming dates and request for volunteers. The assignments are main dishes (chicken, meat or vegetarian) that should serve about 15 people. Salad, dessert and beverage assignments should feed 30 people. You will receive a reminder email from a few days before your service date.
- – There is always a lead volunteer on-hand to help support newcomers and to make sure everything goes smoothly.
- – Volunteers must be adults. However, families can cook together and drop off food, or send an adult member to serve.
- – If you’d like to bring or send food but cannot stay to serve the meal, we welcome you to participate by dropping off your contribution at PATH earlier in the day or by ordering food from a restaurant and having it delivered to PATH. Just let us know you will be doing that.
Where: PATH is located at: 2346 Cotner Avenue, LA
When: Third Thursday and Fourth Monday of each month. We ask volunteers to arrive at 5:45 pm. We serve at 6 and encourage volunteers to hang out with the residents after serving.
For questions or to join the email list, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our annual Thanksgiving and Christmas Tikkuns or with other questions, please email email@example.com.
PATH Family Fundays events
IKAR members with young families organize a series of Sunday events at PATH Gramercy for resident mothers with young children. These are great opportunities to build community with other IKAR members and provide some fun to families getting back on their feet. Kids are welcome! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.